Winter is coming and I HATE winter. Yes, I know what the heading of this post is. I may have been born in winter but for all intents and purposes I am a summer baby.
I love summer and everything that goes with it – swimming, ice- cream, the outdoors. Everything just feels fresh and fun.
Winter, on the other hand, is cold and dreary and I HATE getting cold. I hate having to wear three pairs of socks just to keep my feet warm because if my feet and hands are cold, my whole body is cold.
I honestly would not survive a winter in the Cape – being cold is one thing – but wet and cold, does not work for me!
That being said there are most definitely some things that I do enjoy about winter and I thought that this year I would be a bit more positive about winter. Here are a few things that I love about winter:
- I love jackets and winter is the perfect opportunity for me to add a few more jackets to my collection.
- Scarves- I have about 35 different types of scarves already (no kidding).
- Boots – I love boots!
- Soups, hearty stew and casseroles – these are some of my favourite dishes but it is simply too hot to enjoy in summer.
- OBS- Old Brown Sherry (need I say more?)
- The nights are so much longer and it always feels like I get more sleep in winter. It also feels like I sleep better in winter, all bundled under the blankets.
As you can see this is a very short list – did I mention that I HATE winter?