Dad is dead 12 years today and I really do miss him so.
As time moves on, it feels like I am forgetting him; forgetting what he looked like, forgetting the sound of his laugh and his voice and just the small things about him. I will remember something and then question whether it is in fact a memory or whether it is my imagination. The fact that my memories are fading is what I hate most after the fact that dad is dead.
In honour of his twelfth anniversary, I thought it would be nice to list 12 of my favourite things about my dad:
- He made the best curry! The BEST! I have never had curry like his again.
- His favourite chocolate was Lunchbar.
- He loved pies!
- He loved to bake with my mom.
- He had the best sense of humour, always making jokes and pulling pranks.
- He was one of the hardest workers that I know.
- He made so many sacrifices for us.
- He was very handy and made the most beautiful hand crafted ornaments, walking sticks, clocks etc out of wood. He could draw and paint so beautifully.
- He loved Elvis Presley, he even shared a birthday with him. He loved country music.
- He never gave advice and when he did, it was the best advice.
- He loved antiques.
- He loved us
I miss his laugh.
I miss you Dad. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.