This month has not been a particulary good month for me and I am feeling exceptionally negative. The weeks leave has made me feel a bit better in that I feel rested and ready to take on the mountains of work waiting for me when I get back tomorrow and going into the next two and a half month that are going to be hectic.
In trying to dig myself out of this negative hole that I find myself in, I thought I should join the Ten Things of Thankful group and start counting my blessings.
So here’s what I am thankful for this week (I can’t promise it will be 10)
1. Having the week off to just rest and be.
2. Having my hair cut and coloured. I have not cut my hair since the end of April as things have just been too hectic. I cut it quite short this time and am debating whether I like it or not.
3. I got a few things for my garden. Hopefully it will also keep the dogs out and make it look pretty.
4. The insurance has finally paid for the repairs from the accident, but now it is a question of finding the time in the next 2 weeks to take the car in as I am going to be exceptionally busy and I need the car.
5. Mum finally got her glasses and now that is one less thing for me to worry about.
6. I bought another dress – I still don’t know what’s happening to me.
7. I spent some time with my family yesterday, which I have not been able to do the last 3 months because of everything going on in my life. It was good to see them.
8. I’m going shopping today. Yes for another dress!
9. No matter what is going on in my life, I am blessed. I need to realise and appreciate that.