I love to bake and cook but I simply don’t always have as much time as I would like to spend baking and cooking.
With the hours that I work, and then sitting in traffic; the last thing that I want to do is spend hours cooking.
I am on a mission to find delicious healthy meals that I can make in 30 minutes or less.
Here is the simple bacon and eggs recipe that I made for breakfast yesterday.
250 gram back or shoulder bacon
grated cheese (there is no quantity because you can put on as much cheese as you like)
If you would like, you can add sautéed mushrooms and green pepper. I have before but was simply too lazy yesterday.
Utensils and equipment:
– muffin pan
– preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
1. Grease the muffin pan
2. layer the bottom of each the “muffins” with bacon. If you are adding mushrooms, you can then add them.
3. crack open an individual egg in each muffin. You can also beat the eggs together and pour the mixture over the bacon.
4. season to your liking
5. cover with grated cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking and the cheese is grilled.
7. Serve with warm toast.
It is absolutely delicious.
* apologies for the pictures – the light was not very good*.